Sometimes you feel like doing something different than dinner and a movie. Sometimes you want to do something on your first date that illustrates your ideal lifestyle. To help you plan your next date, Jabo, the activity dating app that finds your ideal activity partner, has put together a list of date ideas you can do in the Miami area that involve physical activity:
- Flyboarding by the Bayside Marina. Experience one of the latest trends in water activities known as fly boarding. Experience the Bayside Marina in downtown Miami while surfing the sky and swimming like a dolphin.
- Paddle Boarding in Biscayne Bay. Go sightseeing on a paddle boarding expedition in Miami’s Intracoastal Waterway and Biscayne Bay. Glide past the waterfront of Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, where industrialist James Deering’s historic 1922 mansion and boat dock are in clear view.
- Yoga it up locally. Meet at any of your local yoga studios. This isn’t so much about the conversation, but rather doing something healthy and fun together. More likely than not, you’ll both leave feeling more confident and physically attractive, and potentially hornier.
- Walking down Lincoln Road. If you’re in the South Beach area, check out the outdoor pedestrian mall along Lincoln Road. Rest up at South Pointe Park, where its open meadows and gentle rolling hills make it a perfect place to stop and take in the fresh sea air.
- Kayaking down Oleta River State Park. Rent a kayak and explore the Miami water channels. The three best places to kayak in Miami are: Biscayne Bay, Everglades National Park, and Oleta River State Park.
- Biking toward Shark Valley Trail. Ride a bike down South Pointe Park on Miami Beach or escape from the noise by going into the Shark Valley Trail, which offers a 15-mile paved loop deep into the heart of the Everglades.
- Snorkeling in Biscayne National Park. Snorkeling is a great way to experience the open water without any awkward conversations getting in the way. If you need to rent gear, check out South Beach Diver, where twelve dollars gets you a snorkel, mask, and fins for the day.
- Swamp Buggy Tour. See nature at its best in its unspoiled natural habitat in an Everglades swamp mud tour. Take off in a specialized buggy that provides a surprisingly comfortable ride and take in the views around you.
- Run down Miami Beach Boardwalk. Set a time and meet up for a run. Miami has a bunch of places to enjoy a run, but sometimes it’s most practical to meet up at a nearby park and follow it up with a trip to the nearest juice bar for a healthy drink.
- Mini-Golf. A little fun and competition in a game of mini-golf goes a long way in getting to know your date. The atmosphere offers a casual opportunity to goof around or show off your skills. Follow it up with some ice cream or drinks afterwards.
- Training at a Fitness Zone®. Whether you’re getting ready for a triathlon or preparing for a 5k, one of the best ways to get know each other better is by working out together. Meet up at your local Fitness Zone, or a nearby gym where you can do a variety of activities like running, cycling, and swimming.